Leadership Workroom

 

WFPI Executive Committee Meeting, 3rd October 2019 (online) 

Present: Dorothy Bulas/DB (President), Omolola Atalabi/OA (Past President), Joanna Kasznia-Brown/JKB (Vice President), Cristian Garcia (Secretary), Rick van Rijn/RVR, (Vice Secretary), Sanjay Prabhu/SP (Digital Education Lead), Kushaljit Singh Sodhi/KSS (TB Lead), Ines Boechat/IB (Founding President and Co-opted Director), Michael Gee/MG (MRI Protocol Lead), Amanda Dehaye (Past Executive Director, Co- opted Director), Kimberly Applegate /KA (IG Representative) and Kim Pede /KP (Admin) 

Absent: Richard Barth/RB (Treasurer), Hansel Otero/HO(Outreach Lead), Jaishree Naidoo/JN, (Representative Director), Tatiana Fazecas/TF (Vice Treasurer), Gladys Mwango (Representative Director), Tim Cain/TC, (Representative Director), Martin Stenzel/MS (Representative Director), Ricardo Faingold/RF (Incoming Outreach Vice Chair), Ram Senasi/RS (Incoming Outreach Vice Chair), and Jennifer Boylan/JB (SPR Staff Liaison),. 

Blue comments = action 

1. Approval of minutes from August meeting 

DB: August minutes were approved.

2. Committee Updates 

● Outreach Committee – Hansel Otero (HO): No update as Hansel was unable to attend. 

● MRI Protocol Committee - Michael Gee (MG): Michael Gee reported that a lot of progress has been made working with the vendors. The website has been updated and the link is: 

o https://www.wfpiweb.org/Resources/Modalities/MRIProtocols.aspx 

o The committee has published 11 protocols.

o The vendors are really interested in promoting on their own websites (Philips, GE and Siemens)

o Dr. Gee would like to gather the feedback from other countries using the protocols. o Dorothy offered her congratulations to Michael Gee and all who participated in the protocol MRI project. 

● Digital Education Committee - Sanjay Prabhu (SP): 

o Sanjay mentioned that there is a need for more videos on the website. He said that they should be in 10 min increments. There is an interest in videos in other languages. Monica Epelman will try to garner other you tube video submissions. We can have other sites available for us to link to. We have had a strong start; George Taylor is interested in doing some additional ones.

o China doesn’t have you tube so is asking if we can offer in another platform as well?

o We have crossed 1 million views.

o Most of the demand is for the basic education material.

o Facebook is still very active.

o There has been a request from Outreach to provide Televideos that can be shared when they travel to other regions. Can provide pdf’s before going. 

● TB Committee - Kushaljit Singh Sodhi (KSS): Dr. Sodhi has added new members to his committee. They will be writing new articles. He has emailed Peter Strouse to get some ideas. They would like to have a pulmonary source. 

Action: KSS to provide the names of the committee members that need to be thanked. If he wants to write up something for the next newsletter that would be appreciated. 

3. Updates on Observership 

IB: We will continue to look for additional sites to participate. Looking at Brazil or Chile. Ines recommends reaching out to Cristian Garcia who would like to host an observership at his institution. She would like to have staff send over the paperwork. Joanna has been looking for a location in Eastern Europe as well. She knows someone in Romania who she plans on speaking to soon. 

● Asia-Oceania – waiting on updates 

o St. Luke’s Medical Center, Manila Philippines (August 1, 2019) 

o Observer selected - Dr. Joanna Choa – they are in their second month and things are going well. 

● South America 

o Hospital de Pediatria Garrahan, Argentine Republic 

o Observer selected – Dr. Leticia Gadea. Originally 11/1/2019 – 1/31/2020; now 12/2/2019 – 2/29/2020. 

● Middle East

o American University Beirut - Contact has been made by Dr. Liliane Gibbs, Dr. Raj Krishnamurthy and Dr. Joanna Brown. Staff has supplied additional details. Waiting for response. 

● Chile – Dr. Garcia is ready to receive additional information – he is requesting May of 2020 if possible. 

o Staff to send over program information 

● Malaysia – Interested in a possible observership 

● Indonesia - interested in hosting 

● Hong Kong –interested in hosting 

● Reach out to Topeka and Siracha 

o Interesting that the contingents from Japan get trainees from Bangladesh – there was a complaint that the trainees were under trained – AOSPR – were unfamiliar with the Cleveland Clinic Curriculum – we may want to promote it more on the web site. We may want to suggest that the trainees complete 40 – 50 modules. Each time they complete a module they will have received some basic reading prior to coming. Sanjay asked that the Cleveland Clinic should be advertising more. A write up may remind people about the certification. Centers in the USA are using it. 

o Sanjay went on the Cleveland Clinic site to walk through the process. It requires that you list an institution. Perhaps WFPI can register as an institution so that they candidates can use our name for their institution. Make WFPI a program and then we can monitor progress. 

Action: Staff to check to be sure that Janet got a certificate. 

4. Any other business 

● NEW: Website Calendar - https://www.wfpiweb.org/About/WFPICalendar.aspx 

● Meetings: 

● AOSPR 2019: Update on how meeting went - Dorothy Bulas 

o Breakfast meeting: 8:00 am - (9/28) Sat o Ines recipient of medal for Honorary membership. 

● RSNA 2019: 

o Board Reports due October 24th – update from Dorothy

o Monday Morning (12/2) meeting space, from 9 - 11 am

o Monday night (12/2) Pediatric Radiologists reception hosted by SPR 

● SASPI 2020: 

o (from JK Brown) lecture at SASPI – They received comments that the coffee meeting was very well received. Joanna is suggesting that this be done at other meetings.

o Radiation protection training day at SaSPI - working on final programme and sponsors, venue approved and booked; more details to follow soon – they will be doing clinical imaging as well. AIA will support and the society of radiographers from South Africa. The training will be free for participants

o AIA has invited Joanna to speak in Uganda. This request came about a week ago. The theme of the meeting is pediatric radiology. In Uganda they don’t have pediatric radiologists, they have radiographers. She is not sure who else will be attending. She contacted Dorothy and Jaishree to find out if they would be attending. Because of Jaishree’s work in July she is in a good position to present her Imaging the World Work. Cristian will be there in November and can meet Jaishree there as well. There is some potential of training and outreach. Cristian has good contacts in the Ministry of Health. 

o Ines asked if she had the materials that she needs. Ines mentioned the material from Image Gently that she could use. She has information from Kimberly’s lectures. Don Frush and Kimberly Applegate may be able to help. 

● SPR 2020: 

o Ines, Sanjay, Jaishree and Saavas will be giving a workshop on past, present and future. Jaishree will present AI. Tatiana will be talking about WFPI; Ines was asked to coordinate a 1h presentation with 5 speakers 

o Breakfast gathering TBD o Other meetings TBD – Will consider a coffee time – need to check with Angela o Kristen DeStigter (ITW) will do a TED talk on Outreach o Action: Staff to check with Angela on a coffee time. 

● SPR/SLARP 2020: 

o Ines has an extensive meeting with Tatiana; SLARP has 10 hours of presentations at the joint meeting with SPR. She wants to promote WFPI. The Argentina meeting helped them to spread the word about the Observership.

o Request for WFPI support from Dr. Fazecas during SLARP meeting at the SPR meeting.

o Request for presentation on Observerships o Request for presentation on MRI protocols o Ines recommending having Dr. Dolores Bustelo from Brazil to speak on lower radiation exposure campaign. Working with Don Frush they have developed 100 million children radiation protection. She will be speaking about it. She has asked WFPI to participate. o Ines indicated that there will be lectures in Spanish and English.

o SLARP –Cristian can speak with Tatiana to see if she is willing to speak. o Dr. Gee did speak at SLARP. Camilo Jaimes Cobos can speak Spanish so can present the MRI protocol session in Spanish. 

● ESPR 2020 

o WFPI General Assembly – Rick has a provisional program. It is slated for Thursday, June 4th just for members. o Friday, June 5th there will be an Outreach session – SPR, AOSPR, and WFPI – he has the list.

o Rick mentioned a coffee or teatime or wine time. Sometime in the morning or midmorning. An informal gathering time to talk with one an another. They want to have a dedicated room. Joanna rather put in for a lunch in the afternoon.

o Friday is clinical ultrasound in pediatric imaging.

o Saturday has a General Session – can put WFPI or AOSPR and core members of 

ESPR. – have 10-15 minutes to make a presentation on WFPI – very relevant since ESPR was one of the founding four. Ines said that we will welcome it.

o Other gatherings planned – likely 2 sessions that will be confirmed in mid-September. 

● Action Items staff to follow up: 

o Dr. Garcia will host an Observership in Santiago, Chile – plan the observership to be in May so prepare the timeline when the application would be accepted in order to make this date.

o Dr. Sodhi – is ready to host another Observership: April, June or March to May

o Amanda mentioned that she believes that her term may be coming due so she would like to have staff follow up on this. 

Next EXCOM meeting: 

Monday, 12/2/19 – 8:00 am – 9:00 am (CST) 

ExCom minutes

October 3rd 2019

 EXCOM Minutes from 3 October 2019

 

August 1st 2019

 EXCOM Minutes from 1 August 2019

 

June 6th 2019

 EXCOM Minutes from 6 June 2019

 

April 4th 2019

 EXCOM Minutes from 4 April 2019

 

February 7th 2019

 EXCOM Minutes from 7 February 2019

 

January 3rd 2019

 EXCOM Minutes from 3 January 2019

 

November 1st 2018

 EXCOM Minutes from 1 November 2018

October 4th 2018

 EXCOM Minutes from 4 October 2018

September 13th 2018

Update Meeting - Minutes from 13 September 2018

August 2nd 2018

 EXCOM Minutes from 2 August 2018

May 3rd 2018

 EXCOM Minutes from 3 May 2018


April 5th 2018

 EXCOM Minutes from 5 April 2018


March 1st 2018

 EXCOM Minutes from 1 March 2018


February 1st 2018

 EXCOM Minutes  1 February 2018


January 4th 2018

 EXCOM Minutes from 4 January 2018


November 27th 2017

Minutes EXCOM 27th November 2017


November 2nd 2017

Minutes EXCOM 2nd November 2017


October 5th 2017

Minutes EXCOM 5th October 2017


September 7th 2017

Minutes EXCOM 7th September 2017


August 3rd 2017

Minutes EXCOM 3rd August 2017


July 6th 2017

Minutes EXCOM 6th July 2017


May 4th 2017

Minutes EXCOM 4th May 2017


April 6th 2017

Minutes EXCOM 6th April 2017


March 2nd 2017

Minutes EXCOM 2nd March 2017


February 2nd 2017

Minutes EXCOM 2nd February 2017


January 12th 2017

Minutes EXCOM 12th January 2017


December 8th 2016

Minutes EXCOM 8th December 2016




November 3rd 2016

Minutes EXCOM 3rd November 2016


October 6th 2016

Minutes EXCOM 6th October 2016


September 1st 2016

Minutes EXCOM 1st September 2016



August 4th 2016

Minutes EXCOM 4th August 2016


AGENDA

1/ Mapping working group, next steps: GS, 15"

2/ Rapid update, digital education: AD on BC’s behalf 4”
[BC is absent for this meeting - he’ll be with us to provide more detailed feedback on digital education thoughts/plans in September’s EXCOM]*

3/ SPR meeting 2017, WFPI session - modus operandi for preparing the session, some initial suggestions: GS 10”

4/ Update, child imaging safety: KA 5"

5/ Outreach activities update: 
- Tanzania discussions, Rotary: CS 5”
- Increased collaboration with WHO via the CREST/WHO Radiology Working Group network established for pneumonia vaccine studies: GS 5”
- Contacts with Kenya and its development of pediatric imaging: KA 5” 

6/ Any other business


 

 URL LINKS MAY NOT STAY VALID FOR EVER. ASK AMANDA IF YOU NEED A DOCUMENT

July 7th 2016

Minutes EXCOM 7th July 2016


AGENDA

1/ Bylaws revision passage, consequences: GS (1")

2/ Co-optation, Founding President: GS (3”)

3/ Staff overview following recent changes: AD/GS (2”)

4/ Future EXCOM meetings: can we push back the timing by an hour - yes or no: AD 1"


6/ Digital education: GS (20”)
- Leadership nomination
- Outline of current organization and probable next steps, subject to the new leader's approval
- Suggested strategy for obtaining responses to the questions posed in “On Your Shoulders” (click here, page 10

7/ Any other business: (2")


 

 URL LINKS MAY NOT STAY VALID FOR EVER. ASK AMANDA IF YOU NEED A DOCUMENT

April 7th 2016

Minutes EXCOM 7th April 2016


AGENDA

1/ IPR 10"
- Table preparations (DB/JN)
- Report preparations (VD/GS and TC/RJN for treasury)
- Meeting time (AD)
- Bylaws revisions - progress (TC)
Any further organizational points on IPR to be taken forward by mail, as this is the last EXCOM before Chicago

2/ Revised Strategic Framework 35" (AD/IB)
How to proceed
- Prior to this meeting: Comments by email: WELCOME!! We are now severely up against the clock so any extra time Amanda has to incorporate changes - great
- During EXCOM: We will run through the different sections as set out in the contents table below, taking note of any EXCOM comments. This is your last chance to discuss, as one more draft will be circulated to you by mid-April, then it will be sent to the full Council for review/finalization by end of April. 

3/ Kenya, participation in the RSNA "RISE" initiative and taking pediatric radiology training forward:  3" (AD/KA)

4/ AOB

 

 URL LINKS MAY NOT STAY VALID FOR EVER. ASK AMANDA IF YOU NEED A DOCUMENT

March 10th 2016

Minutes EXCOM 10th March 2016



AGENDA

1/ Preparations, Annual Members Meeting, IPR (VD, 7”)

2/ Strategic Framework - distance education: online and in print (30")
- Review of the current situation
- Analysis of where the ​​issues lie
- Solutions
- Consideration of the draft Strategic Framework aims set out below: are they realistic, what will be required to meet them?
- Adoption of draft text/changes needed

3/ Feedback Ghana DB (5")

4/ Upcoming officer and committee leadership turnover (5”)

5/ Any other business (5")

 

 URL LINKS MAY NOT STAY VALID FOR EVER. ASK AMANDA IF YOU NEED A DOCUMENT

February 4th 2016

Minutes EXCOM 4th February 2016



AGENDA

1/ Child imaging safety - updates on Afrosafe, Latinosafe, WFPI/IG (JN/GS/KA)

2/ IPR (DB)

3/ Strategic Framework - wording, priorities order, calendar for revisions

4 /Strategic Framework: section on patient safety

4/ Alan Levenstein

 

 URL LINKS MAY NOT STAY VALID FOR EVER. ASK AMANDA IF YOU NEED A DOCUMENT

January 7th 2016

Minutes EXCOM 7th January 2016



AGENDA

1/ Strategic Framework revision (IB)

2/ Use of WFPI resources (AD)

3/ WFPI's internal outreach funding grant 2015 - application for teaching visit to Laos: recommendation (TC)

4/ IPR - meetings and plans

5/ Child imaging safety - updates

 

 URL LINKS MAY NOT STAY VALID FOR EVER. ASK AMANDA IF YOU NEED A DOCUMENT

November 5th 2015

Minutes EXCOM 5th November 2015



AGENDA

1/ IDoR update

2/ IPR abstract submissions

3/ Child Imaging Safety - Next Steps with Image Gently and others

4/ Project update

5/ RSNA plans - WFPI meeting 30th Nov 2015

6/ ISR/WFPI Memorandum of Understanding: status report, Next Steps

 

 URL LINKS MAY NOT STAY VALID FOR EVER. ASK AMANDA IF YOU NEED A DOCUMENT

October 1st 2015

Minutes EXCOM 1st October 2015



AGENDA

1/ IDoR update, where stimulation is needed: DB/all,  6"

2/ WFPI's 2012-2015 Strategic Framework: revision (see here http://www.wfpiweb.org/Portals/7/About/WFPI_Strategic%20Framework%20_Full_version.pdf): IB, 3"

3/ Papers for submission to IPR: IB 3"

4/ SPR request for feedback on R&E Foundation grant awarded to WFPI in 2012: IB, 1"

5/ Fund raising drive - R&E Foundation/SPR - global support: IB

6/ Interface: WFPI and IG - see last EXCOM minutes 

7/ Project updates: AD/all 2"


 URL LINKS MAY NOT STAY VALID FOR EVER. ASK AMANDA IF YOU NEED A DOCUMENT

September 3rd 2015

Minutes EXCOM 3rd September 2015



AGENDA

1/ IDoR: update (16') 

Includes
a) Timeline - DB, 5' - CLICK HERE
b) Letter for Ped Rad journal - IB,3' - IB to circulate draft letter
c) WHO Radiation Protection Committee - DB, 1’ CLICK HERE

c) Update online cases/contests - Sanjay, 7'

2/ International Image Gently issues - Kimberly Applegate, 5' (click here for WFPI/IG interface)

3/ Newsletter: issue date, items, circulation (3')

4/ Internal Funding Allocation Committee: update (1')

5/ Outreach: brief update (TB, US, WHO/vaccines, other - 5')

 

 URL LINKS MAY NOT STAY VALID FOR EVER. ASK AMANDA IF YOU NEED A DOCUMENT

August 6th 2015

Minutes EXCOM 6th Aug 2015



AGENDA

1/ IDoR update: 
Videos, photos, book, other (DB, CS)
 
2/ Committees: 
- WFPI project funding:final run through members and Terms of Reference before we launch the committee (AD)
- Video committee, update (CS)
- SPR education committee - now includes Sanjay (DB)

3​/ Project updates: 
- Jamaica visit, next steps (CS/DB) 
- Ultrasound manual for DWB/MSF (CS) 
- TB plans (CS) 
- WHO Portuguese-speakers workshop, radiation protection in medicine (IB)

​- WHO pneumonia group​ (TC)

URL LINKS MAY NOT STAY VALID FOR EVER. ASK AMANDA IF YOU NEED A DOCUMENT


June 5th 2015

 

Minutes EXCOM June 5th 2015

AGENDA

1. Internal funding for project support - feedback from Treasurers, next steps

2. Website - education pages, building up content

3. Online video library (to note: full presentation during Annual Mtg) - rapid feedback on mechanics of steering cttee, where the calls for regional input will lie

4. IDoR

5. Misc. points


URL LINKS MAY NOT STAY VALID FOR EVER. ASK AMANDA IF YOU NEED A DOCUMENT



May 7th 2015

 

EXCOM answers to questions raised during EXCOM meeting, 2nd April "How does outreach work become affiliated with WFPI?"

Minutes, ExCom 7th May 2015

 

AGENDA


1/ Follow up, questions raised at the last EXCOM meeting "How does outreach work become affiliated with WFPI?" (15', IB/TC)  
- feedback on email responses
- decisions (amount of funding put aside)
- next steps (nominations for a group to define and manage the application and approval process)

2/ Council turnover (2', IB)
Vice-President (SLARP), Vice-Secretary (AfSPI?), Representative Directors 

3/ Next EXCOM meetings (1', AD)

4/ Upcoming leadership meeting, Graz/ESPR 5th June, 10-12 am (20', IB)
- agenda
- invitations

5/ Upcoming Annual Members' Meeting, Graz/ESPR 5th June, 1:30 - 3pm (5', IB) 
- agenda, 
- invitations
- visibility 

6/ IDoR update (10' DB)


URL LINKS MAY NOT STAY VALID FOR EVER. ASK AMANDA IF YOU NEED A DOCUMENT



April 2nd 2015

 

EXCOM MINUTES

Full (quasi transcript) minutes

Questions arising from EXCOM meeting 2nd April 2015


Agenda

How does outreach become affiliated with WFPI?


URL LINKS MAY NOT STAY VALID FOR EVER. ASK AMANDA IF YOU NEED A DOCUMENT


February 26th 2015

Agenda

1/ WFPI - What Future? Feedback from regional boards
2/ Upcoming bylaws revision
3/ Council turnover
4/ Upcoming EXCOM and WFPI meetings
5/ International Day of Radiology
6/ Online video library - behind the scenes
7/ Other points

 

URL LINKS MAY NOT STAY VALID FOR EVER. ASK AMANDA IF YOU NEED A DOCUMENT

January 29th 2015

Agenda

1/ Ultrasound: WFPI’s work in high and low resource settings
2/ FAARDIT, inclusion of non-pediatric radiology specific groups
3/ International Day of Radiology
4/ Upcoming Council turnover
5/ Next EXCOM meeting

 

URL LINKS MAY NOT STAY VALID FOR EVER. ASK AMANDA IF YOU NEED A DOCUMENT

November 6th 2014


Agenda

1/ Partnerships, update 
- RAD-AID Annual conference, WFPI-RAD AID interface 
- ​WHO child imaging safety meetings - Tanzania (Dr. Ademola Adekanmi) and Tokyo (Dr. Osamu Miyazaki, Japan) - in liaison with Image Gently​
​- ​WHO text book
- ISR agreement

2/ Online education, update 

3/ Outreach activities, update
- Latin America
- West Indies
- Malaw
- Mozambique
- Khayelitsha
- Cambodia 
- Savvas, outreach leadership - easing out of the role

4/ Ultrasound - Carried over from last month's meeting

5/ FAARDIT application 

6/ AfSPI representation at Executive Committee meetings 

7/ WFPI meeting online/RSNA, 1st Dec, agenda - agree on contents 

8/ Annual Meeting and leadership discussion, Graz/ESPR, Friday 5th June: timing and attendance


URL LINKS MAY NOT STAY VALID FOR EVER. ASK AMANDA IF YOU NEED A DOCUMENT

October 9th 2014

Agenda

1/ Brainstorming: increasing Council buy-in; increasing member buy-in, addressing regional imbalance
2/ Fund raising
3/ PoC US group
4/ Internal governance
5/ Approval Malawi recommendations
6/ Next EXCOM meeting date

7/ Other points

 

URL LINKS MAY NOT STAY VALID FOR EVER. ASK AMANDA IF YOU NEED A DOCUMENT

March 28th 2013

Agenda

1/ Organization Annual Meeting hosted at SPR 2013
2/ ESPR Presidency 2014
3/ Possible bylaws amendments
4/ Strategic framework amendement - ISR
5/ Update: TB, US and Medikidz

6/ Arrangements: WFPI meeting ESPR Budapest 2013

 

URL LINKS MAY NOT STAY VALID FOR EVER. ASK AMANDA IF YOU NEED A DOCUMENT

Other WFPI archives

Reports

Annual Report, President & Treasuer 2015


SPR (& ESPR) board mtgs Dec 14/Jan 15


Presented to the SPR board at RSNA Dec 14. Copy passed to ESPR for use at its board mtg Jan 15.

Regional board questions: WFPI - the future?

COMING SOON - background document & questions plus ppt for boards

Report AOSPR board mtg Sept 2014

Report, AOSPR board Sept. 2014

Annual Report, President & Treasurer, 2014

Annual President & Treasurer's Report, 2014

Report SPR board mtg May 2014

Report, SPR board mtg May14

Biannual donor report Jan 2014

Donors at the time: R&E Foundation (SPR), SPR and ESPR

Report ESPR & SPR board mtgs Nov/Dec 13

This presentation may have been adapted by our ESPR/SPR representatives to reflect their respective boards' needs

Annual Report, President & Treasurer, 2013

for the full President's report (Slow file to open) or

for just the Treasurer's report

Biannual donor report Jan 2013

Donors at the time: SPR & R&E Foundation (SPR)

 

WFPI Phase II Funding Plans

(post capital injections)

 

Updated: April 2014. 

Upcoming meetings

Next Council meeting

EXCOM: first Thursday of every month
Full Council: RSNA, Nov 2015, details to follow

Next WFPI Annual Meeting

IPR Chicago May 2016

http://www.ipr2016.org/

Details to follow!


How the bylaws work for Officers

Which officers roles for your Society?

Wondering when your board needs to start considering nominations? What the different positions entail?

 Here are the relevant extracts of our bylaws and the ensuing Council composition

 

ARTICLE III
OFFICERS

Section 1.  Number:
The officers of the WFPI include a President, a Vice President, an Immediate Past President, a Secretary, a Vice Secretary, a Treasurer, a Vice Treasurer and a Membership Secretary.


Section 2.  Nomination and tenure of the President:

2.1. The WFPI presidency rotates on a one-year basis amongst the Regional Members’ leadership, with the rotation taking effect during the Annual General Meeting.
2.2. The nominated individual serves as Vice President for a single one year term, then succeeds to the Presidency for a single one year term at the end of the preceding President’s term, or sooner if the preceding President is unable to fulfill the duties of her or his office. She or he subsequently becomes Immediate Past President for a final one-year term.
2.3. The choice of individual, determined at Regional Member level, falls to a person of authority in her or his Regional Member organization.
2.4. The roster of Regional Members’ tenure of the presidency is drawn up and agreed by the WFPI Council four years before the assumption of each nominated term, and annexed to the WFPI’s internal regulations.


Section 3.  Nomination and tenure of the Secretary, Vice Secretary, Treasurer and Vice Treasurer:  
3.1. Six  (6) months before the expiry of the current Secretary and Treasurer’s terms, the Secretary calls for candidates for these positions.
3.2. Candidates are drawn from Regional Members organizations, and are persons of authority therein. They are elected by the Council. No one Regional Member can hold two key positions (President, Secretary or Treasurer) at any one time, unless exceptional and entirely justifiable circumstances necessitate otherwise.
3.3. The Secretary prepares a ballot of all nominees for each office, designating the mode of nomination.  Balloting takes place electronically, with the results announced at the next Annual Council Meeting.
3.4. Upon announcement, the future Secretary becomes Vice Secretary for a single term of two years before taking office as Secretary, and the future Treasurer becomes Vice Treasurer for a single term of two years before taking office as Treasurer.
3.5. The Secretary and Treasurer hold a non-renewable term of two years. One two-year term must then elapse before they are eligible for office again.

 

ENSUING COUNCIL COMPOSITION

[accommodates the 12 month "freeze" introduced by ESPR last year, validated by the Council in April 2013]


          Click here for a pdf copy of this table (use zoom function to up readability) for easy distribution to your boards


Here's the current WFPI leadership

Here's some "job descriptions" for the key Officer positions, also extracted from our bylaws (Article III, Section 8)

\|/