Awards are given at the SPR annual meeting and are based in part on the content being most useful in promoting quality imaging that might be accessed in low-resource settings.
2021 award (IPR - Rome)
- Outstanding WFPI Educational Poster Award: A Pictorial Review of Radiological Findings in Suspected Physical Abuse in Children; Laura Marsland, Saira Haque; Departments of Radiology and Paediatrics, Kings College Hospital, London, UK
- Outstanding WFPI Educational Poster Award: Pediatric Chest Wall Masses: Spectrum of Benign Findings on Ultrasound; Philip Colucci, MD, Sara Cohen, MD, Michael Baad, MD,Christy Pomeranz,MD, Lee Collins, MD, Arzu Kovanlikaya, MD; New York/Presbyterian Hospital - Cornell, New York
- Outstanding WFPI Radiographer Poster: Abdominal distention in a Newborn: Is it NEC?; Libby Schneeman, RDMS; Glenn Bloom, RDMS; Asef Khwaja, MD; Hansel J. Otero, MD; The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
- Outstanding Educational Poster: Don't Be Nervous About the Nerves!: A Sonographic Review of the Normal Appearance of Peripheral Nerves and the Spectrum of Disease Pathology That Can Affect Them; Jillian Krauss, MD and Jonathan Samet, MD; Ann and Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago
- Outstanding WFPI Scientific Poster Award: Can ultrasound differentiate between right diaphragmatic hernia and eventration? Andrew Shold, Megan Marine, Brandon Brown, Brian Gray, Boaz Karmazyn, Indiana School of Medicine, Riley Hospital for Children, Indianapolis, IN
- Outstanding WFPI Radiographer Educational Poster Award: Transcranial Doppler of the neonatal brain: how, when, and why. Tara K. Cielma, Children’s National Health System, Washington, DC; Anjum N. Bandarkar, Dorothy I. Bulas
- Outstanding WFPI Case Report Award: Cutaneous metastases of infantile choriocarcinoma can mimic infantile hemangioma both clinically and radiographically; Logan Dance, MD; Patricia Cornejo, MD; Mittun Patel, MD
- Outstanding WFPI Educational Poster Award: Clinical Application of Dual-Source; Dual-Energy CT in Children; Jing Qi, MD, Eric Eutsler, MD, and Marilyn Siegel, MD; Pediatric Radiology, Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO
- Outstanding WFPI Radiographer Educational Poster Award; A Sonographic walk-through:Infantile Hypertrophic Pyloric Stenosis; Tara K. Cielma, RDMS, RDCS, RVT, RT(S), Anjum N. Bandarkar, MD, Adebunmi O. Adeyiga, MD,Diagnostic Imaging and Radiology,Children’s National Health System, Washington, D.C.
- Outstanding WFPI Scientific Poster Award; Optimizing chest radiograph collimation in the neonatal intensive care unit: a departmental quality control initiative; Robben Schat, D.O., Tara Holm, M.D., Lei Zhang, Ph.D., Michael Murati, M.D.; Department of Radiology, University of Minnesota Masonic Children’s Hospital, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Outstanding WFPI Education Poster Award: Lumps and bumps of the head and neck in neonates, infants and children: spectrum of imaging findings; G. Papaioannou MD, PhD, C. Meleti MD, E. Manopoulou MD, G. Magganas MD, S. Yarmentis MD, PhD, N. Kritikos MD, PhD, Mitera Maternity and Children’s Hospital, Athens, Greece
- Outstanding WFPI Scientific Poster Award: Optimizing thresholds for computed tomography angiography in young children considered varying Hounsfield units at different tube voltages; Nagy, E; Marterer, R; Tschauner, S; Lindbichler, F; Sorantin, E, Medical University of Graz, Austria
- Outstanding WFPI Radiographer Educational Poster Award: Improving Lead Integrity Testing and Tracking; Barbara Karl RT(R) CT CV MR, Ellen Gray RT(R), Christina Sammet PhD, DABR, Ann and Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago, Chicago, IL USA