Forecasted balance on WFPI’s account, year end 2014: $158,2k.
- Fees/year from 12 member societies are included in this figure. They currently amount to $2060/year. Fees are “token” and levied at a flat rate per society, as opposed to per member head. This is considered to accommodate the significant resource disparity between WFPI’s member societies and the need for WFPI to prove itself before putting barriers up to membership by charging more. Three years down the line, this policy may need review.
- $67k of these funds are SPR’s donation of the Parker Allen funds, which will be used for a joint SPR-WFPI educational initiative.
- The remaining funds will cover staff costs such as they stand for 2.5 years - or less, depending on WFPI’s reserves policy/other expenditures.
WFPI’s main expenses:
- General Manager (support staff). 1.5 days/week.
- Other WFPI expenses have included some website initiation/migration ($3k) and the July 2014 ($2.6k) assessment/training trip to Malawi.
- Hopefully these documents will help WFPI’s Executive Committee identify where funds are needed re future budget allocation.
- Yellow highlights in the documents = particular points to note, suggested immediate action to improve fund raising prospects.
- Do we need someone to help coordinate & lead our fund raising drive? Dr Royal may want to focus on individual donations & one-off funding possibilities with radiology societies/institutions.